The Flory Small Business Center, Inc.
10311 Sudley Manor Drive
Manassas, Virginia 20109
The Flory Center, Inc. a non-profit, tax-exempt organization was established in 1991 to assist existing small businesses and start-up entrepreneurs access capital for expansion, increase sales, and create and retain jobs. Funding is provided by Prince William County, the Prince William County Industrial Development Authority and the cities of Manassas Park and Manassas. The Flory Center serves as a focal point for the coordination of federal, state, local, educational and private resources to assist small businesses. To accomplish our mission, the Center provides:
• The Center’s Business Consultants provide one-on-one appointments to existing business owners. We also work with start-ups as time and resources allow. Topics include financing options, marketing and industry-specific issues. The Center helps clients develop cash flow projections, loan packages, and business plans. There is no charge for this service, however results are expected.
• Each member of the Flory Center team has signed confidentiality and conflict-of-interest agreements – clients are assured that all information is held in the strictest confidence.
Educational Conferences/Training Seminars and Business Information Center
• The Center provides in-depth business conferences, featuring national and local experts, throughout the year. Over 7,151 attendees have participated in 309 conferences in the past 22 years.
• The Flory Center was designated by the U.S. Small Business Administration as the only Business Information Center in Virginia (BIC). The Center is open six days a week – Monday through Friday from 9:00am until 5:00pm and Saturdays from 9:00am until 2:00pm. It offers a comprehensive source for small business information. Most library materials are available for check-out.
• The Flory Center facilitates solutions to specific business concerns through advocacy for its clients. In addition, all disaster loans from the federal government are made through the U.S. SBA. As a resource partner of the SBA, the Flory Center has trained staff in place to facilitate the application process should a disaster strikes.